Sunday, September 30, 2012

Grandpa's 90th Birthday

Last weekend I took a SUPER quick trip to New Jersey for my grandfather's 90th birthday party.  I am so blessed with such amazing family and friends who helped with my kids!  Jason was suppose to be early on Saturday and then off on Sunday.  Well, his schedule changed and he had to close Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!  I left on the first flight out of Orlando on Saturday and got to Jersey at 9:30 in the morning.  My parents picked me up and we went to a diner (where i got taylor ham!!) for breakfast and then headed up to my Uncle Alex's house.  My cousin Natalie swung by as well.  We had a really nice afternoon with Uncle Alex, Nancy, and Natalie.  


Uncle Alex, Me, Natalie, and Dad

Me and Natalie

 Me and Uncle Alex
We have the same type picture from when i was a kid!

Sunday morning we got up and had breakfast in the hotel.  We all then went back to the room and got showers.  I really wanted some white castle!  (I have an addiction to white castle and must get some wherever i found a White Castle!)  So, Dad and I got into the car and headed to White Castle.  On our way we stopped at the cemetery.  When we got back to the hotel we got ready for Grandpa's dinner.  I was so excited to see my cousins and Grandpa.  I have not seen them since Michael's wedding 4 years ago!  I have not seen Asa since Julianne's wedding 5 years ago!  I also wanted to see Julianne's little baby bump!  Dinner was fantastic and we got to hear a bunch of stories from Grandpa on how he met my Grandmother during WWII!  After the dinner I headed back to the hotel and then headed back home!  It was a super fast trip but I am so happy that I was able to go!

 Natalie, Asa, Grandpa, Me, and Julianne

 Julianne, Rob, Me, Asa, Dad, Grandpa, Mom, Natalie, Alex, and Nancy

 Cousins!  Just missing Michael
Natalie, Asa, Me, and Julianne



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...