As you guessed I got this idea from pinterest (shocking i know!) Follow this link to the original directions. I invited all my friends and their kiddos over to make this project! LOL It ended up being a tad bit more difficult then I had expected. Each mom came over with their child's footprint on a piece of paper! This was going to save us a ton of time so I thought. Yet when we opened the Shrinky Dink paper we discovered that it was not clear it was white and most of us could not see through the paper to copy the footprint.
You can use paint on the shrinky dink paper which we later discovered! I finished mine off by just coating it with some clear nail polish to seal it up.
So how to do this!
1. Get some shrinky dink paper (we found our at Michaels) but you can also order it off of amazon
2. Preheat your oven to 325
3. Put your foot print on the paper (paint, markers, coloring pencils, sharpies)
3. Cut your foot print out and use a hole punch to punch out the hole. Remember this will shrink also so I did two holes on top of each other
4. Put in the oven ** This is where we discovered something. They will turn in on themselves do not panic (like I did!!) they will eventually go flat again! I think they were in the over for a total of 5 minutes.
5. Remove and cool then use clear nail polish to seal (if you used paint)