Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Rolls and Robes!

Well its official! We have a roller in our house! Yesterday, while Blase was taking a nap and Mommy was watching "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" I look over at Grace playing on her mat and over she went! I was surprised and then she did it again!! Ahh!! That means that crawling is in the very near future! Ugh what am i going to do with 2 mobile kids?!?! Here is the video of her rolling over!


Miss Grace rolling over!

I have been sewing more lately and I finally broke down and bought a patter from a blog that i follow. It was how to make a hooded beach towel robe for kids. With Blase doing swimming again and us living in Florida it only makes sense to make such a cool robe. So, I went to the store and got the couple things i needed and then arranged a small get together to make them. I thought it would be smart of me to make one first so then i can help the others! Thank goodness i did!! It was pretty straight forward but i am a VISUAL Learner!! I have a ton of problems reading directions and following them to a T! If you show me how to do something just one time i am set! So, I read my directions and hoped for the best! After i cut everything i headed over to my sewing machine and sewed it all together! It came out super cute so i threw it in the wash and that's when the problem started!! Ugh i pulled it out of the washer and it was falling apart! Apparently i needed to zig zag stitch instead of just a straight stitch! Ugh!! So i ended up fixing it and i think that it turned out pretty darn cute!! Now i am going to make one for Grace! Here is a picture of a really cute model showing off his new robe!

Handsome Blase!



1 comment:

  1. you did a great job! Blase was such a handsome little model

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...